AHMI Summer Conference Will Be Well-Attended
2022 AHMI Summer Conference
July 23-26 at The Homestead
We hope to see you at the Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers, Inc.’s 2022 Summer Conference at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. It should be an exciting and well-attended meeting.
Please make your dining and activities reservations now. Dining reservations around 7pm on Sunday and Monday were taken quickly BUT the resort recently opened more seating in the Main Dining Room on these evenings. Please call (540) 839-1766 today for the best selections or you can make reservations on the Open Table app.
The hotel is renovating the west wing so it has reduced available inventory. For Room Accommodations call the AHMI Office or follow the link at the bottom of this email to see a list of area hotels for overflow rooms.
The agenda is terrific and includes:
- Domestic Furniture Makers Boom – Vaughan-Bassett Furniture President Doug Bassett will discuss the tremendous growth in US-made furniture manufacturing.
- Appalachian Hardwood Training Institute – Dr. John Rainone President of Mountain Gateway Community College will update project to train workers.
- Real American Hardwood Promotion – RAH ramps up with an engaging website, social media, and influencer campaigns beginning this summer.
Two breakout sessions are planned for Tuesday morning to gain more value (concurrent):
- Poplar CLT Passes The Test – Sailesh Adhari, a Virginia Tech researcher, and SmartLam prove Appalachian Poplar meets the requirements for construction materials.
- AHMI 401K Enrollment – Representatives from UBS Financial will be on-site to enroll AHMI members in this multiple-employer retirement program.
All attendees are invited to tour the Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill in nearby Millboro, VA on Tuesday at 1:30pm after departing the conference. The specialty sawmill creates staves for bourbon barrels from Appalachian white oak.
There will be ample time for networking with members and guests at receptions and between sessions. We will also have the Summer Golf and Sporting Clays tournaments and recent addition – Tomahawk Throwing Contest sponsored by Blue Ridge Lumber!
For Room Accommodations call the AHMI Office or follow the link below to see a list of area hotels for overflow rooms.
Online registration for the Summer Conference is available by following the link below.
For more information, call AHMI at (336) 885-8315 or visit www.appalachianhardwood.org/meetings.
Area choices for accommodations & dining